Saturday, February 27, 2010

reality

Creative projects on hold for a short while, no fun photos,..... been working as much as I can at Grocer's Daughter making truffles and chocolate bars (yum yum yum!). Jayson dislocated his shoulder while snowboarding, so he is out of commission for a few weeks and not able to teach. I'm pulling double duty at work and home and trying to keep it all together. I do love where I work - best smelling job ever! Leaf came to work with me today, she loves it, too. A special, special place where magic happens.

I am winding down a bit while Leaf is resting. Thinking about Biodynamics and sending energy to our land for the plants we hope to grow and welcome this spring and summer. The snow has stopped falling for a little while. We had about 16 inches Tuesday night, another 12 the next two days, and probably another 10 inches last night plus blowing and drifting. It was quite a chore shoveling out to the wood pile and the compost. Leaf decided to read every book about snowmen that she has and played with bears. How fitting, of course!

I have been thinking about what change I will make for March in our move towards sustainability. January's and February's have been so successful. Jayson remarked the other day what an amazing change the family cloth has made in toilet paper consumption. I am loving the ToGoWare stainless food storage and satiating my creative needs with knitting and sewing. Some ideas for March include establishing regular visits with elders in our community, always remembering our own containers to bring food home from restaurants (not that we have been out at all lately, but I am hopeful), learning to make pasta from scratch to eliminate that purchase with packaging, and having designated shut-off times when absolutely nothing is using power in the entire house and all is quiet. Wow, the last one is really appealing. I used to live without any power or electric hum or cell phone emissions. What happened?

This change will take effort from everyone in the house. I will post more when I am able.
Peaceful evening to you~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment